This form allows social entrepreneurs to submit materials to request funding from Trueventures.org.
We draw deeply on our networks as sources of introductions and referrals and also want to extend our support to the many brilliant founders who have no existing relationships with True Ventures.
A few details about our process:
- The form that follows will ask you to answer six brief questions. Your responses will help us better understand the mission of your organization, why this work is important to you, and how you plan to assess your impact.
- If you begin your submission but aren’t ready to finish it in one sitting, you can save a draft and complete it later.
- We accept materials year-round. There is no submission deadline.
- Once you complete your submission, we will respond via email within 15 days.
- Our diligence process seeks to balance thoroughness with speed, recognizing that while we want to get to know you well, your time as an entrepreneur is your most valuable asset. Typically, we reach a "yes/no" decision to fund a prospective partner organization within 3-4 weeks of our first conversation.
To share your materials with us, we ask that you create a Submittable account. This is free to do and takes less than two minutes using your email address or Google/Facebook credentials. Here's how to work effectively with Submittable:
- Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the inbox for the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable account.
- Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a compatible web browser.
Trueventures.org was founded in 2020 to catalyze the creation and growth of social enterprises.
We are eager to partner with, fund and support entrepreneurs seeking to create social return. Borrowing from our heritage as an early-stage venture capital firm, we are drawn primarily to founders at or near the very beginning of their journeys.
If your organization has been operating for fewer than three years and you still require outside funding to maintain your operations, please read on. If you are already a well-established organization seeking funding to expand, we are not the right partner for you.
There are many important social challenges in our world today that we would like to help address, and are therefore issue area agnostic. That said, we have a set of five guiding affirmations that help us filter through opportunities in our pipeline. The more of these that describe an organization, the more likely we are to be interested in engaging.
1. We support mission driven founders seeking to create a happier, healthier, more equitable society.
2. We are drawn to founders with bold plans long before there is evidence that their ideas will work.
3. We partner with entrepreneurs who reflect the diversity of our country and whose life experiences inform and enhance their desire to solve the problems they are addressing.
4. We believe valuable social impact can be generated by programs that scale and those that are specifically targeted at niche issues and communities.
5. We are committed to inclusivity, equity and accessibility and seek to share our resources with those without existing connections into circles of influence and support.
Typically our investments are in the $25,000 to $250,000 range, and they come in the form of unrestricted funding.
We recognize that fundraising can be a significant time commitment and appreciate your interest in partnering with us. Thank you, and thank you for committing your time and energy to serving others and generating social return.
We look forward to hearing about you!